Today I will guide you on how you can enable two-factor authentication on Facebook and add an extra layer of security to your account.
If two-factor authentication is enabled on Facebook When you log in to your account for your profile by giving your registered email and password that a one time password will be sent to your verified email address or your verified phone number. You will be asked to provide that one-time password or code in order to access your Facebook account. When you provide that code then only you can assess your profile and this entire process is called two-factor authentication.
Even if someone got your email or password he or she be able to assess or profile until they have the one-time password code. This code changes every time and it will be sent to your phone number every time you tried to log in to your Facebook account.
So so it is very impossible for any hackers to access your Facebook account and this two-factor authentication keep your Facebook account very safe. So that is where you need to enable it.
So here is how you can enable two-factor authentication on Facebook :
- First login to your Facebook account.
- Then go to your settings, And click on “Security and login “.
- After that scroll down below and find “Two-factor authentication”.
- Now you will get 3 methods: Authentication app, Text message (SMS), Security key
- Click on the Text Message method, then you have to provide your phone number in order to receive a code from Facebook.
- After that, you will be asked to verify that code. That’s it.
- Now every time you log in, Facebook will send a code to your verified phone number, And you will be asked that code in order to access your Facebook profile.
- I suggest you download the Security key and save it in a safe place, in case you lost your phone number, You can use that code to access your Facebook Profile.
So I hope this short article is helpful for you to set a two-factor authentication on your Facebook and with the help of it you can increase the security level. I Must encourage you to share this article with your friends. Let them aware of this. It is very important for us to secure our social media accounts .